Project: Analyze and identify the possible lines of development of a dairy
Expert VSP: Pietro Neotti
Beneficiary: Company Velecik Srl – Local dairy producer of medium seasoning cheeses.
The purpose of the mission was to define the possible lines of development of Velecik dairy farm operating in an agricultural area in northern Albania, destined for a rapid development of milk production.
The assignment included the study of the current technical-productive organization through verifications and surveys on the areas owned by the company and in the surrounding rural areas where milk is produced, in order to indicate possible prospects.
Velecik currently works around 900 lt of milk per day divided between cow milk, goat and sheep milk.
The proposed interventions discussed and shared with local operators with a strategic vision in the medium term with a view to the forthcoming commercial opening to other European countries concerned the following topics:
- Set the milk production line with a target of 5000 l of milk per day
- Extend the assortment of cheeses produced with some types sought even at European level
- Standardize a quality production control to ensure consumer products
- Develop a small business structure that organizes product distribution to customers
- Organize milk collection efficiently and inexpensively
- Prepare an investment plan that can guarantee the expected results
At the end of the intervention, the paths to be followed to achieve the objective were determined with a positive economic forecast for both Velecik and the entire surrounding area that will enhance its milk production.